Properties: The finest crack-free retainer material custom engineered for superior strength, toughness, and comfort.
- Custom engineered for superior strength and toughness along with excellent flexibility, making it the ultimate crack-resistant retainer material.
- Ultra-clear with the highest level of transparency.
- Excellent fit, smooth surface, and comfortable for wear as Orthodontic retainers.
- Available in a wide variety of patterns, and sizes. Can be customized as per requirement.
- Masked on both sides with an ultra-thin, peel-away layer of protective covering.
- Shelf life: 03 years subject to non-opening of vacuum-packed packaging.
- Free of BPA, Can be used to fabricate appliances like retainers, night guards, sports mouth guards, and temporary bridges in the anterior segment.
The unique balance of mechanical properties makes Taglus Tuff™ Sheets superior in strength as well as toughness, making it an ideal material for long-term retainers. The retainers fabricated out of this material remain crack-free even after prolonged use in ideal cases.
The properties of Taglus Tuff™ sheets when investigated using standardized test methods, e.g. tensile stress as per ASTM D 638: 2014 by briefly applying load in one direction the approximate results and values observed during such test, demonstrate that Taglus Tuff sheets are a unique balance of strength and toughness. The test was performed by a NABL accredited Laboratory complying with ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Management System.
Material Structure :The uni-axially oriented amorphous structure has polymer chains locked together in a specific lattice structure. This leads to the formation of Taglus Tuff™, which is a ground-breaking material superior to regular PETG materials. It has an optimum blend of durability, excellent flexibility, and rigidity along with the highest load-carrying capacity making it the most crack-resistant retainer material. It is specifically designed for orthodontic post-treatment retainers. Taglus Tuff is *Patent Pending* in India
Bio – Compatability:
The raw material used to manufacture TAGLUS is compiled in accordance with various agencies worldwide as follows:
Taglus Tuff™ sheet have passed biocompatibility testing namely Skin Sensitization, in vitro Cytotoxicity and Skin Irritation test as a regulatory requirement for demonstrating the preclinical safety of medical devices, this is evaluated in accordance with the standard guideline, published by the US FDA” Use of International Standard ISO 10993-1, “Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 1: Evaluation and testing within a risk management process” which can be assessed at https://www.fda.gov/media/85865/download, issued on September 4th 2020 and originally published on 16th June 2016.
Ease of Finishing :
The Taglus tuff material sheet is covered on both sides with an ultra-thin layer of protective covering. This peel-away masking does not get removed during thermoforming procedure. It shields the retainer from getting exposed to dust and other substances that can affect its surface. Thus the optical clarity is preserved forming an ultra-clear final product.
1) A lot of orthodontists and clinicians are turning to Taglus tuff as their most preferred material of choice for removable retainers used after competition of orthodontic treatment – either using standard bracket and wire or clear aligners. Teeth are precisely and reliably retained giving consistent results. Being the most crack-resistant material, your patients do not experience breakage and get a durable retainer, with a comfortable fit and superior esthetics. Thus you provide your patients with tremendous quality, value, and a cost-effective solution, which translates to high patient cooperation and satisfaction.
2) Taglus Tuff can also be used to fabricate night guards and mouth guards. Its high material properties make it an effective and durable treatment option.